Reading / Walking

So this morning I had a book I really needed to get finished (549 pages long). Rather than do the treadmill, I grabbed the book and hit the trail. Five miles later, I had finished the book, done my morning walk, enjoyed the fresh air, the birds singing, and the heavenly smell of the honeysuckle that lines the trail.

But...I was also subjected to several derisive remarks from fellow trail walkers. What is wrong with people that they must verbalize every thought that passes through their brain? And pass judgement on others?

Reading while I walk doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't break any law (that I know of) and really isn't anyone's affair but mine. So, mind your own business, keep your judgemental comments to yourselves and leave me alone to enjoy my walk.

So, my rant is now out of my system and I can enjoy the rest of my day. Thanks for listening. :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment