We're Finally here

Our day started at 2 a.m., UT time. Here we are in Maui and it's 7:30 HI time and I am ready for bed. No moonlight walk on the beach for us tonight.

But: My new iPad made the flight much more bearable for the both of us (I managed to choose a few games that were "winners"), we've had a nice walk around the shopping center, our room is huge (right on the ocean front), we had some scrumptious seafood for dinner (to make up for the MickyD's airport breakfast between flights), Costco is somehow a bit more fun in Maui (different stuff, I guess - like ukeleles and chocolate covered macadamias) and I still got a catch in my breath at my first sight of the ocean on the drive to the hotel.

Our grandson would love the bright yellow Jeep we're driving. (The Hubby says he's finally cured of his Jeep envy. This one is nothing like the one he had and loved for 18 years.)

The lightweight jeans I put on his morning were serious overkill here in the 90% humidity. Nothing smells quite like the plumerias that are in full bloom. Sunsets are best enjoyed at a restaurant by the beach and I'm totally grateful tonight for central air conditioning!!

We are both looking forward to some serious beach time tomorrow - in this place that many call paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment