Hugs (And A Couple Other Thoughts)

I've never been a "hugger".  I've always been more like my Dad - reserved.  I don't ever remember my Dad touching me (except for that spanking thing).  So I've had to learn to hug people.  It's been a long and difficult road.

But I'm here to say that I'm glad I keep working at it.  Hugs from the grandchilluns are one of the very best tender mercies in this world!  And all our grandchilluns are fabulous at it!  And there is nothing to compare with the hugs from The Husband.

I try to remember how essentially grand those hugs are to me, and pass them around.  If I like them, others must, too.  Right?

Went to the Symphony the other night.  It was one of those rare occasions that sprinkle down in our lives when everything comes together just perfectly.  The performers were in top form, their talent superb (it was a sold-out concert) and the evening one I hope to always remember.  It was:  WOW!!

Relief Society provided a bit of embarrassing learning for me.  I went in a smitch on the grumpy side.  The person next to me knew that I didn't want to be there.  Then I was publicly complimented on something I had done.  (Years ago.)

The lesson:  Heavenly Father truly does know your heart.  And He doesn't want us to ever get cocky - in this instance, for me - wanted me to open my heart and set free all those unkind thoughts.

I know I can't promise to never have an unkind thought again.

But I can promise to do better.

And maybe next time my lesson will be learned, my attitude adjusted and my re-commitment can be done in a less public way.

I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment