Legacy

Listening to a song this morning, about someone standing at another's grave and looking at the headstone, and thinking "he was a good man" got me doing some contemplating.

Headstones generally just have a few things on them:  a name -  or two, dates, and  possibly a quote or motto.  Nothing to completely capture the soul the headstone marks.

Wondered what few words I would like on mine.  (Already know some possibilities for The Husband:  "Oh, m-a-n" or "The Joy Is In The Journey" or "We Can Always Afford To Be Generous", just to name a few of the many, many possibilities.")

Can anything like that ever really depict a person?

I think it might be good to be remembered for:

Being Kind

or Thoughtful

or Unselfish

or Faithful (steadfast?)

or Good Sense of Humor.

Certainly I won't be remembered for:

My Clean House (dust free?)

My Great Looks

or (hopefully) Being Bossy

This year I'll join the ranks of those aged 60 (I think this might be a bit of a difficult birthday - I'm already fussing about it and it is months away).  I wonder if there's still time in my life to "make a mark" or develop something that someone could remember about me with a smile?

Like:

Unexpected!

or FUN!

or Adventurous!

Something to think about, or act on.

Or maybe I should just be cremated.....

No comments:

Post a Comment