Ambitious Project / Tender Mercy

My Scripture Quad finally bit the dust.  After 25 or so years, multiple glueings, countless classes and daily readings it has succumbed to old age and wear and is literally falling apart.

For ages, The Husband has offered to replace them.  It took me about 12 years to finally start marking in them - I just couldn't bring myself to deface those treasures with red pencil and ink.  But once I started, I dove in with glee!  And so I resisted getting new ones - I couldn't bear to lose those important references.

My project:  to transfer all the red pencil markings and pen notations from the old scriptures to the new ones.  Making progress, but it is slow.  I find myself stopping to take in the marked scriptures and remind myself why I found them important enough to highlight.

What a delight it has been to refresh my mind with those important passages.  To immerse my thoughts in the truths of the gospel.  To remember the classes I took and hear in my mind the words of the teacher as he explained verses to us.

I hope I don't hurry through this too much - I've loved the process, it has helped to renew my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment