Kick Me While I'm Down....

So this morning I'm standing in the bathroom blowing my nose - I've had this awful cold since we returned from NYC - and The Husband comes in and says, "Quick, look out the window.  There are elk in the backyard!"  I look at him, stupefied, wondering - until he says, they heard your call.  (The noseblowing - rather honking / elk calling!)

Then I get to church and the 2nd oldest guy in the ward, that we've known for 21 years, comes up to me and says he has an unflattering thing to tell me.  (That's actually been his M.O. for the last year, he's really losing his marbles.)  And he proceeds to say that just this morning he was asking his wife what our last name was because he couldn't remember.  Seriously?  I'm so important that he can't remember who I am?

Next Sunday:  I'm staying in bed...along with the elk.

No comments:

Post a Comment