Paradise

Treated myself to a late lunch at Paradise Bakery this afternoon.  Couldn't bring myself to get anything other than "the usual".  Still....it was mighty tasty.

And while I'm not generally averse to eating out by myself (I've done it a fair amount), somehow today felt different.  I felt like I was the target of pitying glances, like I stuck out, like I didn't fit.

I spend too much of my life feeling like I just don't quite fit in this world.  I could list (and it would be a long one) the ways that I'm not comfortable.  That would most likely only re-emphasize the feeling.  I don't think that's a good idea.

It's probably that I'm tired - not having slept last night - that I've got a couple things on my mind, that I haven't been getting the exercise that I'd like (and apparently need).

So, tonight I'm planning to sleep, to turn my troubles over to The Greater Power, and be up in time to get in a bike ride.  And that will result in a happier day tomorrow.  It's a good plan.  We'll see how it goes.  (And Husband:  hurry home, I need you!)

And now I'm wondering where to enjoy lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment