Flowers / Rain

I know that "April showers bring May flowers" but April is long gone, it's nearly June and it is still raining.

But look what is going on inside the house!  Our orchids typically bloom for several months at a time - I'm so pleased at the second round of blooms from these plants.  



African Violets basically bloom year round.  Considering that these started out as teeny $3.49 Home Depot acquisitions a couple years ago, I think they've done very well.  Seemingly the key is to find a place where they're happy.  Much like people, if you can find happiness in your spot you do much better.


Reminds me of a quote I read:  "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings have a human experience."



Feeling a bit flumoxxed.  Wasn't ever sure I wanted an e-Reader.  Finally asked for a Nook, which I promptly received.  Decided I love it for a bunch of reasons.  Two weeks later they come out with a better, cheaper version.  Isn't that the way of things?  Looking forward to the next trip with my Nook, much better than carting around 35 pounds of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment