Horse

I've been thinking all day long about this woman riding her horse that I saw this morning on the trail.  She was trying to get the horse to go through an opening in a fence, and all around was tall cheatgrass.

The horse absolutely refused to move.  So she tried to back him up into the fence.  She would try and the horse wouldn't budge.  Then she'd try another direction and the horse wouldn't budge.  Over and over.

Finally, she got off the horse and led him through the opening.

Made me wonder if I behave a lot like that horse when faced with unknown, uncomfortable, or difficult situations.  And how many times does Heavenly Father lead me through?  Always.  And I wonder if He ever gets weary of my stubbornness, willfulness or fear.

Decided that I should try to be less like the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment