Movies

Saw two (count them, yes, two) movies today:  Super 8 and Midnight in Paris.

The Husband liked Super 8 better than I did (part of it was that I wasn't sure I wanted to see it; one of those instances where you go just because the better part of the partnership wants to) but I think we both really, really liked Midnight in Paris.

One of the things I liked about Midnight in Paris was that it didn't feel "dumbed down".  The characters seemed to be educated and somewhat knowledgeable (with the exception of the pedantic-expert-on-every-subject character and he doesn't count) and the expectation was that the audience was that way also.  At least that was what I got from it.

Was told this morning that my "green plant, loving growing things aura" was good for the flowers.  But it also made the weeds grow.  Didn't know I had that aura.  Wondering how to make it work for only the things that we want to grow, i.e. not weeds.  And can I fix it so that it repels snails?

No comments:

Post a Comment