4:53 am.

When the phone rings that early in the morning, it's not usually good news.  And trying to focus on the number shown on the caller I.D. is virtually impossible - even though I think I'm one of those people who comes pretty quickly awake.

We got to have a huddled conversation with the police in the street as they responded to the house alarm for our neighbors (they're both out of town) and we were left to report  to said neighbor.

Trying to get back to sleep at 5:30 a.m. with sunlight brightening the eastern skies is futile.

Thus, I headed out on the trail for my bike ride.  Thinking The Husband would sleep in and forgo the early morning wheeled battle against the wind.  He surprised me.  So we joined forces in our headlong pedal into the wind, no matter which direction we pedaled.  I ended up doing 16.6 miles.

And now, 12 hours later, I'm thinking my padded bike pants should have more padding.  (Or that I should be on my bike more often than (lately) once every couple weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment