Frog and Quail

Still chuckling over the granddaughter's first exposure to frog-eye salad.  She was pretty panicked at the thought of eating frog's eyes.  Was super-relieved to find it included marshmallows.

And I'm remembering those quail I saw.  They were all perched in a row along the top rail of the fence that lines part of the trail I walk / bike on.  Almost felt like I was passing a row of judges.  Or maybe old biddies.  I can just hear them:

Well, she looks happy this morning.
Or - She could have used a little more sleep last night.
Or - Wonder what song she's listening to?  Do I know it?  Can I sing along?
Or - She's been hitting the gelato a bit too much, needs to ease up.

Not enjoying The Husband's glee at my impending milestone birthday.  While I don't want to be super-trendy like the younger generation (and I know I've said this before) I refuse to be old.  I have a young spirit.  And I'm gonna stay that way.  If I have to throw myself down on the floor, hold my breath, and pound my heels into the ground to prove it. (Molten lava cake for lunch - the only thing we had for lunch - yesterday should prove I still know how to have fun.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment