2011 Favorites

As is often the case, we tend to think back on the waning year and consider the pluses and minuses that occurred.

Tonight I'm thinking about favorites.  Here are a few:

My favorite time of day:  still the early morning, the sunrise. (I guess there's a part of me that's an optimist.)

My favorite form of exercise:  still walking.  I love to walk.  (Wish my knees loved it still as much!)

My favorite treat: still gelato.  Don't think that'll ever change.  Although a fruit smoothie like Jamba Juice runs a close second.

My favorite vacation:  just about anywhere.  We only took a couple short trips this year, to the beach, to Arizona and to NYC and they were all my favorite.

My favorite pastime / hobby: still reading.  Any time, any place.  2nd place still goes to needlework:  embroidery, cross-stitch, quilt piecing, etc.

My favorite chair:  any chair that rocks.

My favorite clothing: outdoors - fun shoes; indoors - jammies!

My favorite dinner:  any that I don't have to fix (still not fond of that cooking thing.)

Favorite word of the year:  unselfish.  Of course, there are others that are so close in the running that I have to include them - steadfast, kindness, hug, hope, tender mercies, and I'm learning more and more to love:  seeing things from another's viewpoint.

I have a new favorite Christmas movie - Arthur Christmas and a new favorite cookie - that I've forgotten the name of but would recognize the package.

Biggest lesson learned:  that no one is "in charge" of another; that no one has the right to demand behavior of another, that no one can make choices for another.

Lots of things have changed over the year, but lots of things haven't changed.  I've been to a couple funerals and given things for new babies, sent lots of birthday cards and remembered birthdays of those who are no longer with us.  I have made a couple new friends and was kicked out of a 10 year friendship.  (And stayed friends with those 20 pounds that I'd rather not be friends with!)  I've watched my chilluns struggle and also rise up to a challenge.  I've learned some things (and forgotten some things) and hope my family has also.

All in all:  a fairly typical year.  Guess that means it was a favorite.








No comments:

Post a Comment