Twas The Night After Christmas...

And it has been a delightful holiday.   So glad we had a good one.

There are a couple thoughts / quotes  I want to remember from the past few days:

"This isn't salad, it's leaves."  (From the 3 year old grandson.)

"The most important part of talking is listening."  (from a movie)

This one is an approximation of the quote:  "Imagine the bravery required to keep himself from having pride." (from another movie)

I often find myself feeling "out of step" with the rest of the world - when I like a movie and no one else does, or I don't like a movie or book ( food or whatever)  and everyone else seems to.  I have to keep giving myself private mental pep-talks.  I don't have to like / dislike what everyone else does.  I just have to be true to me.  And I'm not a dummy - perhaps not as educated as others - but still smart enough to reason things through, to see through manipulation, and to find my own true path following the Light that is guiding all of us.  I can do this and I don't need to trumpet my preferences to the world. It is just fine to quietly trudge along, cradling my Banner of Liberty (and by corollary obedience) and doing my best.

And if that makes me "out of step", if I'm lucky, I'll keep my footing.


No comments:

Post a Comment