Tuesday That Feels Like Monday

Because the Monday was a legal holiday.

So....I'm sitting in the left-turn lane at a red light, car #2 in line.  And pretty soon, the lady in car #1(a honking huge SUV) decides she's tired of waiting for the light to be green for her, so she just up and drives through the red light. I was holding my breath for there not to be an accident (I've seen too many of those!)

Take home thoughts:  I hope I will never be cavalier with the laws of the land.  They are there to protect us, but they can't do that if we don't follow them.  I decided that it's pretty selfish to do what she did.  Don't want to be selfish, either.

And I'm at a place getting a gift card.  I go up to the register, pluck the appropriate gift card from the display, place it carefully in the center of the counter and the sweet young thing (and no her bangs were not hiding her eyes) says to me,"what did you order today?"

Take home thoughts from this interaction:  I want to be more aware of people and my surroundings.  I don't want to look or act like someone who doesn't care.  (That's why I dress in clean clothes, wash my hair and try to be presentable in my presentment.)  People matter.  I want to take time to notice them.

And I'm at the grocery getting some chinese chicken salad for my lunch from the deli.  The lady helping me says, "that looks really good today."  And I'm wondering:  does that mean that on the other days it looks bad?  And if it looks bad, does it taste the same?  And then I'm relieved that I'm getting it on the day that it looks good, because then the taste must follow the looks, right?

As I'm driving around I notice people driving around with their windows open.  It's January 3 - and it's 50 degrees outside.  No wonder those humans want to breathe in the fresh (albeit exhausted tainted) air.  The sun is brilliant (sunglasses abound) and it's a lovely day to be grateful for the beauty around us. (I hope that lady in her SUV survives long enough to enjoy it!)

1 comment: