No Longer For Walking

Our morning schedule was a bit more full than usual.  So we were up early, showered, breakfasted, hair done (mine that is) and getting dressed.  I pulled out one of my favorite pair of shoes.  Did a double take.  And then another one, this time with my mouth hanging open.

I'm not hard on shoes, I wear them for a long time.  And shoe styles / trends are not quite as quick to fade so I can get a couple extra years out of my shoes before I feel so completely fuddy-duddy that I discard them.  I've only had these shoes for about 8 or so years.  (They leave cute flower prints behind when I've trod through a soft surface - very fun!)

These favorites were literally falling apart.  The upper was separated from the sole all along the instep.  The soles were cracked completely through to the insole on both shoes.

The bad news:  these are no longer among my favorites! (The garbage can is "wearing" them!)

The good news:  I had a back-up pair.

More good news:  I have an actual excuse for finding a new pair of shoes.

The worry:  What on earth I walked in that caused the shoes to fall apart just sitting on my shelf.

The day's oddity:  We visited our friendly accountant/taxpreparer and it appears we are getting back just enough from the Federal to cover what we have to pay the State (with barely enough left for dinner out!).

No comments:

Post a Comment