I Think I Made Another Mistake

When I told The Husband that we were in kind of a quiet period of time - no projects going on around the house.  What was I thinking?

We got involved with the built-in bookshelves in his office.  The actual built-in ones are mostly done, still waiting for the carpenter to attach the handles on the lower cupboards.  A matching stand-alone shelf has been sitting in the entryway for over 3 weeks now, waiting for one side of the baseboard to be put on.  I think pretty soon I'll just start filling up the shelves with whatnots and knick-knacks and pretend like it is supposed to be there.

Today:  If you come to visit and want to step out the back door, watch that first step!  They've been here doing the patio tear-out.  Our patio has been in abysmal shape for years.  Finally this year was the year to replace it.  I think The Husband is kind of excited about it.  We're changing the contours of the patio just a bit, eliminating a dreadful step that has tripped many a visitor over the years and I think we'll actually be using it more.  (Who'd have thought "user friendly" would be applied to our patio?)

But..in the process, The Husband is out re-routing some sprinkler lines, that means lots of digging.  I'm glad it's only 67 degrees out, with just a breeze.  Better for digging than 87 or even 77.  He works so hard for our family!  Secretly, even though it's hard physically, I'm betting he's actually enjoying this work in the middle of the week.

And my physical?  I was pronounced healthy!  He said I was the easiest appointment he'd had all day.  (Even acted a mite disappointed that I don't have any complaints.) Now, back to my usual philosophy:  Avoiding doctors as much as possible.  And it wasn't even remotely embarrassing or humiliating.

No comments:

Post a Comment