Help

Been thinking a lot about this word (and lots of its various meanings) today.

The Husband dismantled the heavy wooden swing set / slide / fort in preparation for transport over to our son's place.  Today was the moving day.  He pulled out the old trailer, loaded (and unloaded and re-loaded, dismantled and re-loaded) it up with all the pieces-parts.  Our friend came over with his truck, after having made umpteen phone calls to borrow a receiver for the hitch, since his was missing. The ball on the borrowed hitch was the wrong size and was un-removable.

After further umpteen calls, our former-son-in-law drove up to loan us his receiver.  It didn't work.  So they played musical pick-up trucks and the former-son-in-law pulled the trailer while the friend loaded the slide in the bed of his truck and they trekked across the valley to the son's house.

(4 year old grandson is super-excited to not only have the swing/slide/fort at his place, but also to help his Dad assemble all of the pieces-parts.)  Overall it took about 4 1/2 hours (in the 95 degree weather) to accomplish this little task.

Hours cheerfully donated by friend and former-son-in-law.  Happy to help, they said.  Glad to do it, they said.

It's hard for me to let people help.  I feel like I owe them something for their assistance.  When I mention this to The Husband (as I have in the past) he's reminded me how often I jump to help someone else.  And how often I refuse remuneration - because I truly am happy to help.  As were our friend and former-son-in-law.

How grateful I am for the opportunities we have to help each other.  To help and to accept help.  It helps the circle of fellowship/friendship/love to continue unbroken.  Whether we return the favor to the same people or just pass it on....it's all good.  Thanks, Friend and Former-Son-in-law.  Your help today helped feed our souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment