People

I went visiting teaching this morning.  My partner is a bit older than me.  She said she had a bit of a busy day: taking her sister to the doctor, helping her kids with something or other.  Then later tonight some friends were coming over and they were all going to play pinochle - and what could she serve for refreshments - they had root beer floats last time.  Now, I don't even know what kind of card game pinochle is.  And I'm not hankering to learn it.  But I thought to myself as I dropped her off at her house - I want to be like her.  I want to be 78 years old and still getting together with friends.  Still having purpose to my life.  Still greeting each day with a smile and a hope for some fun.  Yes, I do want to be like her.

I read this earlier today, and loved the sentiment, thought I'd share it.  And if it really is true, I should be really wise - the way I doubt myself all the time.

The whole problem with the world is
 that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
 and wiser people so full of doubt.
Bertrand Russell




No comments:

Post a Comment