They're Not Going To Let Me Into Heaven

I think I'm going straight to hell.  (No passing Go, no collecting $200, just going straight to hell.)  The Husband rightly pointed out the scripture from the Book of Mormon where it talks about turning the other cheek.  And giving kindness when provoked and being treated ill.

Well, I didn't.  I didn't turn the other cheek.  I was selfish and weary of her treatment.  And responded with a short 7 word sentence - not condemning or faultfinding, merely stating my position (admittedly a position of defense.)

And I so hate confrontation that I sat there and inwardly (and partly outwardly) just trembled for many, many seemingly interminable minutes.

Did I feel better?  Actually:  no.  Was she "put in her place"? Probably not really.  Did I accomplish anything?  Hmmm, don't think so.  Is it going to change anything in the future?  NO.  So...I succumbed.  I succumbed to the evil one. I gave in and behaved "less" than I should.

If I keep this up, when (if) I get to that Heavenly Reward they'll most likely greet me with:  Sorry, hon, this place is reserved for those who actually learned something from their earthly sojourn.

Wonder how many more chances I'll get to learn how to "play nice?"

No comments:

Post a Comment