Amused; Kudos & Crafty Husband

Visiting the restroom at our local Target I was unavoidably entertained by the conversations between the little guy (roughly 4 yrs. old) and his Mom.  He was basking in her praise at having accomplished his bathroom tasks and ended with:  And you know what?  I'm not wearing any underwear!  I made a bit of a quicker exit than planned so as to not be there when he showed his Mom the proof!  Too cute.

Kudos today to Barnes and Noble.  When my Nook couldn't be easily fixed there in the store, they voluntarily swapped it with another unit (refurbished, but still...).  I couldn't have been more pleased with my treatment and service.  A good reason to do business with a physical (rather than internet based) store:  instant gratification.  No tantrum required. (Tantrum wasn't really on the agenda anyway.)

This is what The Husband put together today in about 2 minutes flat.

I came across the directions for this little oil lamp on one of the preparedness blogs I read.  The jar was $.80, the wick about $.50 and we already had some premium lamp oil.  The flame is pretty bright.  Much, much better than any oil lamp we could buy and this will burn for roughly 100 hours.  Super easy, plus, The Husband had fun doing it.  Now if the power goes out, we'll be able to see pretty well.  Not hoping for power outages.

No comments:

Post a Comment