Cold, Still

Am I the only one that talks to other drivers?  (When I'm driving my car, they are also driving their car and there is no possible way they can hear me!)  Today I noticed myself saying, "Seriously?" more than a couple times.  Also:  "Just where do you think you're going? It's my turn! and Really, you're really going to do that?"  (I'm lonesome - The Husband is 785 miles from me!)

I also wonder why they "lane closed ahead for roadwork" (with the requisite 2,000 cones blocking the lane, forcing merging)  six miles before there is any sign of roadwork, and then the only sign of roadwork is an empty truck blocking the road and no sign of any human being anywhere.

Headed into Rumbi Grill for a bowl of their fabulous Bahama Mama's Tortilla Soup.  Pulled out my frequent diner card  - only to find it full!!  Free bowl of soup for me.  Made it taste extra delicious.

I prefer Puffs over Kleenex.
And the reason for my foray out into the real world?  Tissues!  I have used all the tissues in several boxes, depleting my supply.  And I still have a need for sneezing-nose-blowing-cough-catching tissues.   I think I'm set now for the duration of this particular cold.  And perhaps for a while longer - six boxes ought to last for awhile.  

Today's gratitude:  For a gracious son-in-law who (I think) will forgive us for not calling him on his birthday. Happy Birthday - and Happy day every day until the next birthday comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment