Heart Full of Gratitude

Strong person, strong love.
I so loved this picture from my Mary Engelbreit page-a-day calendar.  My life revolves around the man who cares for me, provides for me, works very hard for me and makes me laugh.  He doesn't receive many "attaboys".  And I feel sad when I give him an "aw shucks."  (Like I did this morning when I hesitantly asked him to fold the throw when he's done napping.  Bad, bad, bad me.)

He's often told me he works hard so that I don't have to, that he delights in accommodating my every whim.  (I try to not have too many of those...)  And yet at some point I'm sure he wishes to play a little more and work a little less.  He surely has earned some play.

The other morning we got up around 7:30, showered, ate, puttered around.  Wandering the house looking for him just two hours later (9:30 a.m.) I found him stretched out in the recliner making sweet sleep sounds.  He's also earned some naps - although I noticed he didn't take one on Monday - National Nap Day.

So today, my heart overflows with gratitude for the one who fills my life with joy.  Thanks, My Love, for finding me.  Don't ever leave without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment