Battery...And Stuff

A dead car is a sad car.
Got into a friend's car the other day and she told me she was late because their other car wouldn't start. It was dead.  Completely (not even mostly) dead.  I gave her some sympathy (actually some empathy, too, having experienced the same in the past) and then promptly forgot her troubles.

Headed out for our eye appointments, got in The Husband's lovely Charger and...yup:  totally, completely, absolutely dead.

Lovely yellow.
Called the dealership - we've got an extended warranty that includes roadside (or garageside in this instance) assistance who sent someone out to jump start the car.  But clearly there's an issue:  battery or alternator or both.   I see a visit to our friendly dealer/service in our near future.  That is, if the car actually starts.

All four of our eyes are healthy.  I've been anxiously waiting for the time of our appointments as I was set on some new glasses.  Picked out something completely different.  Am pretty excited for them.  And since we still had cash in our HSA from the previous employer & our eye dr. gives us 50% off a second pair, I went for the whole thing:  new glasses and prescription sunglasses.  Total luxury that I'm sure I don't deserve but will be ever so grateful for!

Spent my morning walk snapping pictures of all the lovely trees - fall is so stunning with its array of colors.  I'll only include one, figure too many tree pictures is a lot like someone's wallet crammed full of baby pictures that no one but the parent/grandparent/other relative really "gets".  One is enjoyable, 50: maybe not quite so much.

Today's gratitude:  for my eyes that can see the beauty around me. (And that the cataracts aren't ready for removal yet.  Avoiding all kinds of surgery!)

No comments:

Post a Comment