Oddities

Over the last couple days, I have noticed a couple odd things.
"Find a penny, pick it up...."

• Found a penny on the trail Thursday.  Not many people walk the trail with money, there's no need for it.  Picked up the penny.  Expected all day long good luck.  Didn't seem to happen that way.  (Although I didn't have bad luck either, so perhaps in a roundabout way I did have good luck.)

• Opted for a movie today (one I approached with a bit of apprehension.  Pretty much abhorred the book.)  Sat watching the pre-show and the previews for 15 minutes:  different audio than video, weird.  Haven't seen that happen before.

• Treated ourselves to a burger at Five Guys.  An employee not only offered us peanuts, but he came around and took my trash to the can.  I'm perfectly happy to clean up after myself and have been known to do that on a regular basis.  And was actually on the way to do it myself.  Felt like I should have given him more than a "thank you".

• Wandered around the grocery looking for a treat to have.  Couldn't come up with anything.

• Another newspaper obituary - this one of a lady that was my visiting teaching companion roughly 23 years ago.  It feels odd to me that in a metropolitan area the size of this one that I often see obits for people I've known.

Other things noticed, though not necessarily in the "odd" category:

• Staying pretty close to home for several days makes getting out all the nicer.

• It's nice when someone notices something about you.  Doesn't so much matter what it is they noticed, just that they're paying attention enough to really see something about you.  I'm not accustomed to being noticed.

• The house always feels so much cleaner when it's been freshly vacuumed.

• Bikes that are newly ready for spring riding = fun!

• Finally had to bite the bullet and get a new phone.  Ordered it online.  Have spent several days watching my email for shipment notification.  I'm anticipating it with great delight, didn't quite expect that reaction from me, especially considering how little I like to spend money.  (What a luxury it has been to receive free phones from the employer for Christmas.  Too bad they don't last forever.)

• Chocolate bundt-lette cake from Corner Bakery the other night did more for my mental health than my physical health.

• Over the course of this last week have read 3 books.  Three excellent books.  Again a luxury.

Today's gratitude:  for someone that holds my hand, that makes me feel noticed and cared for.  Thanks, My Love, I miss you when you're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment