Fondness

Love this kind of paper!
I have a fondness (and perhaps also a weakness) for cards.  For notecards, thank you cards, cards advertising things, gift cards (received one yesterday that I shall enjoy for quite some time - thanks, My Love) and especially for greeting cards.  I love that people take the time to choose just the right one - to let you know you're thought of - that you're important enough for them to make that effort.  It somehow makes life more personal.

Stopped in at Target to pick up some Thank You cards for The Husband and spent some enjoyable minutes delighting in the broad and lovely range of cards they stock.  Who knew they had an entire aisle dedicated to such cards.  We had to rein in our desire to have one of each!

I received one such card today, from a couple we love.  It warmed my heart in a much needed way.

We all stopped when The Husband exclaimed - look! Come here!  We discovered the cause of the thump we heard the other night.  A perfect bird-in-flight silhouette in the dust on the transom window - complete with head and feathers.  The Husband stepped out onto the porch when we heard it, and saw nothing.  I can just picture the stunned bird rising to its feet, shaking it off and hightailing it out of there in embarrassment.  Wish we'd seen more than just the aftermath.

In my interactions with people over the last little while I've clarified some thinking.  Kindness cannot be over-rated.  In my own unique and personal perspective I believe that kindness - its merit and results - is, if anything, under-rated / under esteemed / under appreciated.  It can never be valued enough. There can never be enough kindness.

Hopefully I will remember that thought when I've been hurt or insulted or angered or whatever.  I crave that kindness from others.  I must be kind if I wish to receive kindness. It really does make a circle.

Today I'm grateful for the kindness of a complete stranger, who didn't hesitate to share the kindness in her soul.
Yes, it's mid-June and there's fresh snow on our mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment