Where Has The Week Gone?

I thought perhaps I might wait to post here until I had something meaningful to say.  I waited for inspiration. None came and I got caught up in the day-to-day living that comprises much of our earthly existence.

I've spent a fair amount of time at home this week. Doing the usual, and finding some measure of gratitude in the blessing of this life.

I wish I could express what the early morning sun does for my soul.  No other time of day has quite the same beauty as the sun streaming through the trees.  My phone camera doesn't quite capture the essence of the lovely morning, but I feel it - a combination of reverence and joy for a new day and all its possibilities.  Where will the day lead?

Yesterday found me at lunch with a couple long-time dearies who mean much to me.  Who knew a 4 hour lunch could feel like minutes?  Today we were treated to lunch by some neighbors/friends in celebration of The Husband's birthday.  Even when I think my world is small it seems delightfully peopled with tender souls who look out for others.

This morning I was loaned a book - a compilation of talks from BYU Women's Conference 2012. How grateful I am for words and language and the concepts they can express, the pictures they paint and the feelings they evoke.

One chapter spoke about intentional parenting.  I love that concept of intention.  I'm thinking that might be another new favorite adjective / word.  Intentional.

Tomorrow I shall plan to be intentionally aware; which awareness will lead me to intentional gratitude. And there isn't a day out there that can't begin with hope.  Intentional hope seems magnified somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment