Kindness

People are so kind!  By 10:30 this morning I had

• Received my annual happy birthday call from my brother

• Been sung happy birthday to by 3 of my favorite people

• Heard from 5 of my 9 grandchildren.  Within 20 minutes more had heard from another grandchild and received texted birthday greetings from my dentist!

• Had a card dropped off from a friend, then another from the neighbors

• Received chocolate

Birthday Greetings.
• Been "sung" to via post-it notes on the wall

• Received happy birthday emails

I generally feel like I don't matter too much in this world.  My heart is warmed by people who reach out,  how lovely to feel cared for.

Had a good chuckle - a friend who shares my first name and whose birthday is one day after mine - we gave each other the exact same gift.  Too funny.

Last night I was treated to a concert at BYU: Sutton Foster.  It was one fabulous concert.  She sang pretty much straight through for 1 1/2 hours to a full house.  Heavenly Father truly blessed this world with music - it feeds our souls.

Whatever the rest of the day brings, it has been a delight so far.  I'm grateful for yet another birthday celebrated on this earth.  (I haven't finished having all the fun I need to have.)  I'm grateful for the visits, the hugs, the extension of kindness that says someone cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment