Official

My newest calling is official:  I'm the Ward Music Chair.  Again.

The upside:  having done it before, I think I can figure it out again.

The downside:  I dislike asking people to do stuff.  This is one of those things that cannot possibly be done by myself.  I'll have to buck up and just ask.  I'm hoping my next calling will be fun.

Yesterday morning's flower spotting:  pretty crocus!
Spent a couple hours yesterday morning rehearsing for the Ten Virgins play for this coming Friday. It's pretty ragged.  I have yet to attend a rehearsal where everyone was there (and I think I've been to all of them.)  Our end-of-practice pep talk included the expression of confidence that it will be "enough" for Heavenly Father.  We will make mistakes (I audibly accepted the responsibility for the mistakes - after all most of them will be mine.) but we will do our best and it will be enough.  I'm counting on it.  (This particular play is generally done on a Stake level.  It's pretty ambitious with the limited resources and time that we have had.)

Then, today in R. S., the president announced that since there is so much interest in it, that the R.S. has opened it up for anyone in the ward 8 years of age and older to attend if they want.  I have a mental picture of myself with my mouth wide open thinking w-h-a-t??? (Have to do all this mentally, I must maintain at least some teensy semblance of decorum.)  I was nervous enough playing yesterday for only about 12 people.  Haven't prepared to do it for everyone!  My stomach is in knots.

Then I remind myself that the person whose opinion really matters is Heavenly Father.  And I have entreated Him for help multiple times daily since this whole thing started.  If I can keep from disappointing Him, then I will be satisfied.  I think He knows my desire is to please Him, He will help me. Therefore, it will be just fine.

Saw the newest Cinderella movie yesterday.  I liked it.  It does have its flaws, but overall I enjoyed that couple hours.  Makes me want to go back and see Ever After (the one with Drew Barrymore) again.  Deep in the recesses of every female heart is a desire to be a princess.  (At least that's my take.)

My heart has gratitude today for an awareness of the natural goodness of the people that surround me. Some of them might be a challenge for me, but I try to remember that they are as much a work in progress as I am.  None of us is perfect.  I want to believe all of us are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment