I Confess, Again

I am a bit of a slob.  I try not to be.  I try to keep on top of the cleaning, wash my hands multiple appropriate times each day, vacuum a lot, and try to not keep things I don't use / need.

Tall shelf, now all clean!
I was astonished and somewhat appalled this morning when I was trying to find my replacement pair of walking shoes (I do wear them out!).  Pulled something off the tippy-top-way-up-high-never-see-the-top-of closet shelf, along with what seemed like 57 years of dust.  (Yeah, I know the house is only 14 years old, it just seemed like that much dust.)

After breakfast, etc.,  I spent 2 1/2 hours cleaning / tossing, wiping, vacuuming the closet, top to bottom.  I even got the step ladder - which I soon wearied of climbing.  And also moved the dresser that's in there for vacuuming under / behind.

And voila'!  It even feels clean!  Of course, I now need another shower.

Was treated to lunch out with The Husband.  Got the giggles when the eatery's owner came over to chat (which he often does, he's a super nice guy) and he did an impromptu comedy routine.

I always feel so, I don't know, accomplished?  Virtuous? Satisfied? when I've completed something that really needed to be done, even though this time I wasn't paying enough attention to know it needed to be done.  I like it.

I'm grateful today for a clean closet.  For ibuprofen for my aching back.  For ribs cooking for a scrumptious dinner.  For something to look forward to, and birthdays to celebrate.  Almost makes up for my curmudgeonly tendencies.  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment