I Still Enjoy Thursdays

V-e-r-y C-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y  I hobbled out to take this picture of the growboxes.  The Husband has taken on some additional responsibilities at work - which he's good at, but perhaps won't last too awfully long, he'd rather just be coding. (Although we both are definitely grateful for employment - we never take stuff like that for granted.)

Working on these future vegetable producing containers gives him a much valued change.  He doesn't get an awfully lot of time all at once, but loves being outside working with his hands.  He's lined the middle one with the rabbit (hopefully gopher-proof) wire and is working on one of the others.

And tomorrow, I will have completed week one of the Big Boot Challenge.  The doctor said 4 - 6 weeks which I mentally interpreted as 4 weeks.  Period.  Then I did some internet research.  And am now determined to spend 5 weeks in the boot.  I don't want to short-change my complete recovery.

One of my long-term goals has always been to be healthy.  (Of course, that be-healthy attitude was what led to my being out and sliding on that rock and breaking my foot.)  This is but a hiccup along the way.  One extra in-boot week could be uber-beneficial.  I'm planning on it.

Another favorite A. A. Milne quote:

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” 
― A.A. Milne

I'm grateful today for something to look forward to (besides being out of the boot) - Hale Theatre tonight.  For smiles on the faces of those I love.  For those who aren't afraid to work hard.  For prayers that will help someone for whom I pray every day.  For faith in Heavenly Father and His overarching plan for each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment