Weather

It seems I whine a bit about the weather.  (And I'm not alone, sometimes it seems like a national pastime.)

So I headed out to walk the south end of the trail this morning, which always is a different view of our mountains / valley.  Took this amazing shot just before the sun peeked over the tip of the mountains.  It was a lovely morning to be out on the trail - challenging though it was to dodge all the bicyclists.

Four hours later the wind had picked up, hurling the rain down on us.  The Husband had as many doors open as we could and still maintain dry conditions inside.  It took him twice as long to bring in the mail because he was so enjoying the cool (62 degrees) and storm. (He got that front gutter cleaned just in time!)

Had to run a quick errand with The Husband yesterday.  Since we were driving practically right past Culver's we stopped in for a quick flavor-of-the-day (raspberry cordial) mini-treat.  We do have fun when we're together.

I'm working hard today at finding gratitude.  I'm grateful for my early morning walk that feeds my soul.  I'm grateful that The Husband doesn't seem to mind all his hard work to provide for us.  He's unfailingly cheerful about his role, isn't afraid to put in whatever effort is required.  We are comfortable because of him.

I'm grateful for some temporary relief from the summer heat, though I'm counting down the time until we're able to get some fresh local-grown tomatoes, a favorite of ours.

I'm grateful for good books to read - currently I'm working on three at once.  What a luxury!

And I'm looking forward to a visit from our family when they come out to take our granddaughter to the MTC.  How lovely it'll be to spend a few days with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment