Thoughts

I'm still thinking about what I heard the other day.  Someone was wanting someone else to do something.  The carrot:  there's people that cheer for you when you finish.  I guess that might be motivation for some.

That concept of people cheering for you when you finish has stuck in my head for several days.  Will there be people cheering for us when we finish this life?  Will they be friends / family who cheer for us?  Or will they be strangers that we might have known before this life but not here on earth?  Or will it matter?  And is the cheering for us enough motivation to do the hard things life requires of us?

Maybe all that wondering is silly.  It's just been circling in my brain for a bit.

Pretty Field.
This field is on my morning route.  I love the way it looks with all the bales in it. Comforting to me somehow.

The Husband's birthday gift arrived a bit ago.  After being patient long enough he opened it last night. Wanted to share the joy with the family that was here.  He's not going to ever get too old for fun.  Thank Heavens!

We were up early this morning - rented a truck and headed to Lehi for the vinyl supplies for the "trellis" for the tomatoes in the garden.  Those prevalent cages for supporting the tomatoes just don't do it for The Husband.  The tomatoes seem to produce more when they're strung up / supported up high. It'll be some effort on his part.  I think he likes this gardening thing.  I learned yesterday that I harvested the spinach wrong.  Oh well, we're enjoying what spinach we have anyway, I even cut enough to share.

And was the recipient of the nicest words the other day.  Was told our house has a "warm, welcoming feeling - a house where love lives."  High praise indeed.  A lot to live up to, but we're certainly giving it our all.  I like our house to be one easily recognized as a place where love lives.

And I saw this comic this morning.  That's almost how I feel when I get low on books - I almost start to panic a little and then go overboard.  And then feel pressure to hurry and read!

I'm so grateful today for The Husband's birthday - yet another excuse to celebrate Him. (I'm feeling sad that I didn't throw a party for him - he surely deserves one!) I'm grateful for my love of reading and for good things to read.  I'm grateful for Corner Bakery coupon that expired yesterday but that was honored anyway.  I'm grateful for homemade coconut-pecan frosting (just about the only frosting I like).  For gardens and for kind people.

No comments:

Post a Comment