Tuesday Afternoon

Yup, socks & sandals.
And yes, that is my foot.  My stockinged foot.  In my fancy sandals. There was a time I might have secretly/mentally almost-scoffed at someone for wearing socks with sandals. There was a time when someone might have been openly teased about wearing socks with sandals.   I've been seeing people of all ages doing it more and more.

So today, I tossed all that ancient-perspective baggage aside and actually went out in public wearing sandals with socks! (After all, I'm over 50, no one pays any attention to me at all, let alone what I wear!)  I'm prone to blisters.  These particular sandals were the ones I wore to Home Depot and had a blister in 15 minutes of walking around the store.  Wanted to wear these sandals for some reason. Wasn't going to get another blister.  Hence:  the socks.  And I feel just fine about it.

This Tuesday finds us in yet another quandary.  The house needs its stucco siding repaired / replaced. The bid finally came in. More than double my original expected estimate. Yikes!!!  In order to do the appropriate due-diligence, we'll be getting another bid or two, consulting with some more of the field's professionals.  And perhaps putting retirement off for another year.  :^(  Or maybe not.

I earned enough money walking (through The Husband's work healthy lifestyles program) that I had some spending/fritter money.  Have ordered a Kindle PaperWhite e-reader.  To keep my two Barnes and Noble Nook e-readers company.  I expect to spend some time tomorrow when it arrives setting it up.  Fun!

And the DVR we had that quit working?  The cloning of the hard drive was marginally successful. We still have the issue of the encoding by the cable company.  We're unable to access numerous cable channels - the only ones we really care about. (And yes, I whine about paying that access fee for all those sports channels we aren't interested in and are never going to watch!).  So we finally succumbed and ordered a TIVO.  It's seems to be the only option out there for people stuck in the dark ages like us, that still like to record shows rather than stream them.  We can't always get to them before the show's expiration on the streaming.  It arrives in a couple days.  Then it'll be a whole 'nother learning curve. Something new to learn...

Today I'm grateful we ordered the TIVO before we heard the stucco estimate.  I might've changed my mind and I'm glad I wasn't put in the position to do so.  I'm grateful to have a vacation to look forward to.  I'm grateful for the fruit of summer: apricots, peaches, plums, tomatoes etc.  I love eating fresh!  I'm grateful for a new recipe to try.  And for a teensy stash of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment