Today Totally Feels Like Tuesday

And no, I'm not sure what Tuesday is supposed to feel like, I just know that today feels like it.

Soup/half sandwich & chips, yum.
• Last night I treated myself to Corner Bakery Dinner.  The guy taking my order was a bit astonished at the size of my gift card.  I told him it was a birthday gift from my husband for when he's out of town. He thought that was awesome.  It is.  And my dinner was pretty good, too.

• I've been having a long-term hankering for chocolate milk.  Yeah, I know.  That's for kids, right?  (I still think if my Mom had let us have chocolate milk (forget the cost, I know they couldn't afford it) I wouldn't have such bad bones at this point in life.  I'd have great bones because I'd have had lots of milk all the time.) And it seems I can never get enough of the good stuff.  Problem is, the good stuff is hard to come by.  I find myself stopping in at random grocery stores whenever I pass one, looking for the good stuff.  I used to kind of like the TruMoo, but am not fond of the flavor, not to mention that if you're going to have chocolate milk, the low or reduced fat is just not going to do.

Yes, a favorite of mine!
So, after dinner last night I stopped in at the WalMart Neighborhood Market for some fresh zucchini (I really like it pan-seared for lunch).  Could hardly believe that they were out of fresh zucchini.  But, what they did have was this yummy Darigold (one of my favorites) chocolate milk.  I bought 2.  (Half a gallon is overkill, even for me.) These will stay fresh and cold in the fridge and I can make one of those little bottles last a couple days.  Yes, my tastebuds are jumping up and down, "yippee, yippee, yippee!"

The moon was so pretty.
• I really missed my morning walk yesterday.  And somehow I just can't bring myself to do the same kind of walking later in the day.  I am definitely a morning person. This morning's walk was pretty close to perfect:  58 degrees, breezy (but not windy) peaceful and quiet. I took several pictures but will only post one, trying to keep the boredom to a minimum.

• I've been fussing and stewing over Sunday's lesson.  But finally, I think I've got how to end it!  Now I only need to figure out how to dive in. Been looking all over for the engagement picture that I know we've got around here somewhere, but it's MIA. Coming up with the rest will come, once I have a key component of the lesson in my head, the rest just sort of flows.  I so wish this was a easy for me as it is for some.  I'm so very uncomfortable in front of people.  As it is, I pretend we're just having a chat. And that they're all my friends.  I still come out of class with dripping armpits and an uneasy stomach.

• I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this quote before, but I still like it:  "Gratitude is the memory of the heart." -- Jean Massieu

• I'm grateful today for teensy bits of inspiration, I need them so very much.  For phone calls at 7 in the a.m. while I'm out on the trail, and for speakerphone capability so my arm doesn't totally cramp up trying to hear the sweetie of mine on the other end of the phone. I'm grateful for fun books to read, movies to watch and sewing projects to enrich my days.  For down comforters to warm my nights in that big bed.  And for hope that Thursday evening is coming quicker than it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment