Garbage Day

We pay for two large garbage bins.  There's only three of us living here full-time and another person half-time (so I guess he counts for half a person). Two bins should be adequate, right?  And generally they are.  Until it gets to be fall (and spring) clean-up time.  We have all those bags of leaves.  We have to put them in on top of the regular garbage.  The Husband went to bring up the bins from the street after they'd been emptied.  Supposedly emptied.  Only half the unbagged leaves came out of the bin. :^(  And the other bin still had a bag of household trash inside.  Sigh... maybe we should have a bonfire??

I loved this page on my calendar when I turned over to November.  I love calm.  And peace.  It's nice to know other people respond well to that kind of atmosphere, too.

It wasn't really light enough this morning to truly capture the gorgeous color of this tree.  All by itself out along the trail.  I love those yellow leaves. And I can hardly wait for Sunday when we "turn off" that blasted Daylight Saving Time.  Yes, where that's concerned:  I'm a hater.

And the clouds nestled among the mountains (aren't they gorgeous?)? I stopped on the way home from the grocery yesterday for that picture.  We do live in a beautiful world.

I came across this quote this morning - attributed to Mother Teresa.  I really like this.  But I think I might add that if we are truly faithful to our Heavenly Father, then we are successful.  Perhaps not monetarily (and maybe that's what she had in mind when she said this - if she indeed did say this) but I believe our faithfulness definitely makes us a success in the eyes of Heavenly Father. I want to be faithful.  Even when I'm frustrated by the actions (or inactions or manipulations) of others, when feelings are hurt, when I want to lash out.  I still, really, want to be faithful.

God didn't call me to be successful, He called me to be faithful.

I'm grateful today for repair kits for leaky (annoyingly so) toilets.  And actually, for indoor toilets. For leftover crockpot soup for dinner (yay, no cooking, only re-heating).  For texted pictures of grandchilluns.  For gloves and earmuffs for my morning walks at 30 degrees.  And for shared pastry treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment