Tuesdays Thoughts

So, the weekend was ok.  The play was sad (as expected).  I'm clearly not an expert on good literature (in this case literature in the form of a play).  I simply don't understand why this sadness is so well-regarded, so popular, or even what the author/playwright hoped to accomplish when he penned it.  But it was an enjoyable enough evening with our friends.

The meetings on Saturday and Sunday for Stake Conference ended up being fine.  It meant that by the time the yardwork was done there was no time for fun before the meetings.  I'm always on the lookout for a bit more fun.

Closed due to arson.
My foot is still bothering me.  I somehow thought if I put the boot back on and was careful for a day or two it would be all better!  Silly, yes.  But hope springs eternal and all that.  I've managed to go for an abbreviated (and w-a-y slower) walk the last two mornings without causing further damage.  In fact, my foot really is marginally better. And my mental state is much improved for having been out in the cool morning sunrise.

Was a bit discouraged to see this sign on the front of the public restroom over at the park - both the men's and women's.  I don't like to see stuff like this happening.

Yep, that'd be me.
And I came across this shirt in a catalog the other day - might have to find one (though I don't usually wear t-shirts, but I can always wear it to bed!).

And the best part of this Tuesday?  It's election day.  All the madness - and viciousness, foul behavior and the rest of the garbage that has accompanied this election - will be over. I fear for our country no matter who ends up being president.  It's sad when there isn't any good candidate.

But I'm grateful that we live in this country in spite of its problems.  I'm grateful for the end of daylight saving time (had a discussion the other day with an acquaintance - she loves daylight saving for multiple reasons.  And she wasn't happy with me when I said I didn't understand why we had to muck with the way Heavenly Father made things and that I thought we shouldn't presume to improve on His creation.  I wasn't meaning to be pompous (like she thought I was) or anything like that, it's just the way I feel.)  The end of daylight saving time means that after dinner, it's after 6 p.m. and it's dark outside so it's perfectly appropriate for me to get in my jammies.  I love being in my jammies.  I'm grateful for food in the fridge and pantry, for a meeting free Saturday (hopefully some fun there) for someone who agreed to help with my Sunday School class on Sunday.  And for new glasses. (They're totally different - I'm not quite sure if I like them or not, but it's always such a luxurious treat to get something new.)

I'm grateful for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment