Midweek

• Yesterday it rained all day long.  Today it was stunning - cloudless bright blue skies, temps in the upper 50's, calm winds.  Made it hard to stay inside.

• I snapped this picture of a magnolia tree that is alongside the trail - it's in bloom and looks so pretty. Unfortunately I couldn't manage to get close enough (without trespassing) to get a picture without the house and barn in the background.

• By the time I returned from the battery replacement on Monday, I could tell I was headed for a completely miserable sinus infection.  I pulled out my rinse kit and got busy.  And am happy to report that my ears are not aching, the headache is gone and my teeth no longer hurt.  I will continue the sinus rinse for a few days as a preventive measure but I think I forestalled yet another infection.  Yay for me, those are just awful.

Saved me from pain.
• I needed to stock up on some basic items, so I headed over to Walmart where I can get them pretty cheap.  I also needed a couple birthday cards and a sympathy card.  My timing wasn't great:  they were completely revamping the greeting card section.  After having to temporarily abandon my cart full of goods to wend my way through the obstacles in the aisle and having no luck, I gave up.  The birthday cards will wait.  But I did stumble across these cake mixes.  Who knew Krispy Kreme made cake mixes!  Wonder how they taste?  As for the Krispy Kreme doughnuts, in my personal opinion - unless those doughnuts are hot and fresh they aren't worth chewing.  :^)

How do they taste?
• And I'm still thinking about what I heard on Sunday during church.  He was talking about the word "always".  Especially in the sacrament prayers.  We always remember the Savior and try to always have His spirit to be with us.  He talked for some minutes about what that means.  And it has stuck with me.  What an awesome thing to contemplate - remembering the Savior always.  Even when people blow through stop signs in front of us.  Or when (like tonight) I watched a woman fill her water cup with soda (yes, I know, it's not my place to judge, but I so dislike when people steal - and in front of her 5 year old, too).  Or when you get charged twice for an item at the store.  Kinda hard to remember the Savior in those moments. If I had been successful at remembering Him then, it would have been impossible for me to judge the soda stealer, or the stop sign runner or be annoyed with the poor checker who charged me twice.  His spirit would have been with me. I surely have a lot of work still to do in this life.

•Today, I'm grateful that it's Wednesday.  Under 48 hours and The Husband will be home - where we both belong: together! I'm grateful for the sunshine that makes the seemingly unending (though really necessary) rain bearable.  For a working car.  And a Zupa's giftcard.  I'm not really fond of that place, something about even just walking in the door puts my teeth on edge.  But I'll happily do it for a free salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment