Birthdays/Father's Days/and Days

So I was reminded it's been a few days since I've recorded my thoughts.  Been a few things going on.  

Last week we went for a walk along the Jordan River.  It was another of those beautiful mornings that cause one to take in a deep breath and just "be."  Just enjoy being alive.  We saw a bunch of deer.  And interestingly enough, a beaver in the river.  I wasn't aware that beaver were around in this area.

Saturday morning at the Bishop's Storehouse, I only did one order. (It was an exceedingly slow day.)  But I asked the woman - calling her by name as I always try to do - if I could help her.  And mentioned to her that we have the very same first name.  Her response:  "We have the most beautiful name on the earth."  I couldn't help but smile.  It's a very unfeminine name the way it's spelled for me, my specific name is often used as a diminutive of her complete name.  But still, it perked me right up.  She must be one of those naturally positive nurturing souls that is so opposite to my natural inclination.

We took a couple dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts (a total splurge, but it fell under the heading of birthday spending) to the storehouse.  Everyone was so extremely kind.  Lunch/dinner at Wildside Bowls (at the birthday guy's request) kept us too full for dinner.  Which was just fine. He'd had cake the previous night with friends and more cake the day of and more cake the following day for Father's day.  Even though there's probably not enough celebration in the world to express how we love him, he had a bit and I hope it felt good to him. 

We were treated to a ride on the Heber Rail Road Lakeside Limited yesterday.  A very fun experience that we thoroughly enjoyed.  Ate a sack lunch as we chugged along the Deer Creek Reservoir.  Which they said was at 95% capacity and I couldn't for the life of me figure out where another 5% would go without flooding the adjacent roads.  Stopped for a frozen custard, then to look at shoes where we were delayed on entry to the store by the fire alarm going off (all along the lane, every single store). Took this picture of the fun clouds (the day was filled with the most beautiful cloud formations in the sky, changing by the minute) through the windshield.  Now that the Charger has a new windshield, we see things more clearly now.

I've a stack of books that I need to get to, ones that are new to the library so I can have three weeks to read and then return, renewing them isn't an option.  I love to read but somehow when all the new ones that I've requested come in at once I feel pressured, and it's a teensy bit less fun.  Got an email that there are two more new ones waiting for me to check them out of the library. That's always the way of it.

Grateful today for beautiful weather that isn't the usual June hot. The tomatoes in the garden feel like they'll never ripen. Grateful for the abundance of strawberries that has kept tongues around here happy.  Grateful for thoughtful gifts from the daughters for their Dad.  They are good to him.  And to us both, really.  And grateful for prayer.  I plead often for help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment