Another One Of Those Days

So we headed out this morning for a walk.  Had to stop and take a "video" (for sound only):  the one rooster was just crowing his head off, and sounded perfectly happy to greet the day.  The other rooster sounded like he was being strangled.  Made me laugh out loud.

Headed to Costco to get 3 things.  Ended up with 4.  But still, "a quick in and out", I said.  Arrived to find multiple cars just circling the parking lot trying to find a single spot to park in.  We managed, but had to hike for hours to get to the store.  At check-out, every single register was open and manned.  The self-check line was w-a-y back into the merchandise aisles.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough. That I'm crowd averse would be an understatement.

Was informed this morning that someone's shower was cold-ish.  Had The Husband run down and look at the water heater.  The pilot was out.  He managed to get it re-lit but when we got home from our errand, it was out again.  Called the plumber.  Yup - both our water heaters are dying.  Well, one is dead, the other on the way.  I'm certain we've already gone w-a-y beyond their expected life.  But it's still quite the sticker shock.  We'll be calling our investment guy right after Christmas and getting some more money out of our small (and getting smaller) account.  The new water heaters will be installed on Wednesday.  We'll have to stagger our showers/laundry/dishwashing until then.

Finally, long after we'd intended, we hit the road for Springville to see our son and grandson.  Traffic:  insane.  Had such a fun visit.  We gave our grandson an Uno game (minecraft) and had to play.  So fun! Was showed his letter to Santa.  Started out: "I am seven years old and my name is ....   One question: do you love me? I've been nice because I hug my Dad every day." There were only a couple more sentences and only one request.  💝

And my big (disappointing) discovery for the day?  I got out my calendar for next year to put a couple things on it.  Imagine my frustration when I discovered it is a 2023 calendar.  Sheesh!  Thank heavens I already have a 2024 one on order, that was the most easily remedied problem for the day. 

Today's gratitude:  for the ability to pay for new expensive necessities.  For seeing a grandchild who treats us as though we're a gift.  And tonight for In-N-Out.  I had a craving for a cheap burger and good fries with ketchup.  Both of us ate our fill for less than $12.  It was cheap, filling food that was just what I needed today. And I'm grateful that I can hope for a brighter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment