Drained

And I have no pictures.  

Spent over an hour trying to get an appointment.  Everything is online only.  No appointment for three weeks which surprises me.  Am trying to decide if it's worth a phone call to see if by some small miracle something is available sooner.  Not sure I have the oomph.

Received a text.  From our lawn mower.   Made me so sad.  Made my stomach upset.  Apparently I was out of line telling him that once the sprinkler guy turns off the water to the grass for the season then there's no longer a need for mowing.  At least that was my take on things, figured the grass wouldn't really grow without regular watering.  Got quite the lecture - among other things about how I cut him off too early and mowing lawns is his livelihood.  Still don't know what to think about it.  We haven't ever had mowers before, haven't had a need, The Husband has always done all of the yard work, so this is kind of new territory to me.  Apparently I wasn't supportive of how he "does business".  Didn't ask, didn't know I needed to, he didn't say.  My reply was as pleasant as I could be.  But as the day has gone on I keep thinking:  doesn't he work for us?  Since I'm the "employer"  don't I have a say?  Sigh.

Then it was off to the dealership for the 30,000 mile service on the car.  I almost wish we hadn't gone.  $650 - for a nine year old car that really only has 28,000 miles on it. Feels like $650 down the drain.  Came away with instructions to save for rear brakes and new tires, they're both in the marginal category.  License renewal (again, online which for once was kinda-sorta-maybe-not-really convenient) another $175.  How do people live in this world with everything so expensive? 

And I'm feeling crummy.  Didn't take my omeprazole this morning, trying to not have it very often.  Shared a twisted churro at Costco (walked around the store while waiting for the car) so it was some sugar, then sipped The Husband's diet dr. pepper which I shouldn't have.  The caffeine just makes my stomach so miserable.  I'm all shaky, feeling broke and discouraged. 

On the bright side:  the car is set for another year.  (Next big mileage service on it is at 60K miles and costs - currently - about $850. At our current rate of roughly 3,000 miles / year that could be another 9 or ten years.  Who knows what'll happen, where we'll be when we are 84 years old.)  I can find another lawn mower if I want, though likely not for as cheap as he is.  I can try taking my omeprazole tomorrow and see if that helps me feel better, and sleep with the window closed so I don't wake up completely congested and unable to breathe.  And I can wait for three weeks for that appointment.  It isn't dire.  Just me trying to find someone better to help me out with something.  So, it could all be so way worse.  Read this the other day:  "don't forget the imagine the best case scenario, too."  Good thought for me.  

Tomorrow will definitely be better.  💛

No comments:

Post a Comment