Morning...

Probably weeds, still pretty
Is often the best part of the day for me.  My walk today was a route I haven't been on for a while.  I noticed several flowers.  Didn't get a picture of the prettiest of them because as I was passing them, thinking about getting out my camera I glimpsed something out of the corner of my eye and there was a deer.  It's rare for me to see only a single one.  We had a motionless staring contest for a few minutes until I finally reached for my phone to take a picture.

She wasn't far from me, only about 20 feet or so.  I think she was as surprised to see me as I was to see her.  I still love seeing the deer.

This rosebush of red is large, taller than me by a few inches.  I so love the blossoms of the warmer seasons.  Too bad I can't enjoy them in the cooler weather.  It's supposed to be 97 by Sunday.  Ugh.

June is my turn to play the organ in Sacrament meeting again.  When I practice, I follow along the text as I play the music.  And am often moved by the words.  There is so much gospel truth to the hymns, and the music always reaches those hard corners of my heart, trying to soften them.  I particularly noticed this phrase today:  "And pray for strength, that we may say, as He, "Thy will, O Lord, be done."

It is so easy to get caught up in the worldly things around us, to notice those who have so much more instead of turning away from that and being content with what we have - which is enough. I want to not only be content with "enough" but to be grateful for "enough" and care most about fulfilling His will.   It's a long road.

And I really like this quote I stumbled on:

“We are all a little broken. But last time I checked, broken crayons still color the same.” ― Trent Shelton


I'm grateful today for the progress we see in the garden.  It only needed some sunshine warming the soil.  As it often warms our souls. I'm grateful that we can easily see Mama Robin, and am counting down the days to hatch. I'm grateful for cream for the wrinkles around my eyes - and that the one I favor doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And I'm grateful for flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment