Last day of a wonderful vacation. We've had so few in our 38 years of marriage - I treasure each one of them. I'm sad to see it end, but so looking forward to my own bed, and shower, and familiar surroundings.

Last night we went off to find some BBQ. We drove 30 minutes (which we would never do at home for food) and found this highly rated place. I had a little trepidation going into it, it looked like such a dump. (Everything here in the south has sanitation scores posted prominently on the wall somewhere - not so this place.) But it was the best Carolina style BBQ I've ever had. The pork was so tender it basically melted, no chewing required. Their hush puppies were a bit overcooked for me, but the Hubby enjoyed the fried okra. Even their coleslaw was extraordinarily good.

After church today we'll head to the airport and soon be landing in our lovely valley that we've missed. The Hubby so loves the trees here, but I get a bit claustrophobic. I'm a desert born gal and like the wide open spaces. (Can't stop thinking about all the critters residing in the trees, waiting to drop on my head.)

Thanks, My Love, for a wonderful time. "Don't ever leave without me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment