We're sitting in front of the rental office for the last time this visit. Even turned in the house keys already. It's sad.

Yesterday was wonderful! We walked to the east end of the island for some shells to take to the grandchilluns. Low tide is great for finding them, we wandered out to some sand bars w-a-y out there. Even our backs felt good, bending over often to pick up some treasure in a few inches of water. Though, once the Hubby was reaching for a shell that looked interesting - only to have it skitter off. It was the prettiest blue crab! Good sized, too. I also dug up a conch, it was about 10 inches tip to tip, and I would have loved to bring it home. Unfortunately it had a resident and I can't bring myself to kill them, so we left it on the beach.

On Tuesday we found two unbroken sand dollars. So the shelling was more successful than expected considering there haven't been any big storms out in the Atlantic for awhile. That's when it's really really great.

I know I whine a lot about being away from home and how hard it is for me. I still always really enjoy our vacations. It's such great fun to be constantly with the Hubby and I never tire of the beach (only the sunburns I can't seem to avoid!). It is almost discouraging to have it all come to an end and have to head back to the routine: lawnmowing, groceries, and other responsibilities. I am so grateful to have had this time, it's been perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment