Thursday And I'm All Out Of Order

For years we've had a haircut routine.  Friday morning.  7:30. Every four weeks.  There was a hiccup in the scheduling so off we went this morning.  Thursday.  8:30.  And I'm just mentally mixed up.  (Maybe I shouldn't say that considering my age, someone will do an intervention.😂 ) The day just feels strange having had my hair cut on a different than usual-normal day.  And since it'll be 5 weeks until the next one, he went a bit shorter. It'll take a couple days for me to get the hang of it.

So many things around us are blooming and producing so well.  I always love the flowers.  We've had two cucumbers from the garden (and some fresh spinach, yum).  One was bitter and got tossed, the other (from a different plant) tastes quite good. I love having that extra food, even though I leave much of the gardening to The Husband. I'm gnat/bug/spider/dirt/heat averse.  (And spoiled because he pretty much does it all without complaint.)  I love these oregon grape plants, the blue is so pretty against the green.  There are lots of grape vines adorning fences.  I always notice the budding tiny grapes but never seem to remember to see if the grapes are really grapes and edible or just for looks. 

Trying out a new-to-me recipe for pork roast dinner. Beef roasts at the grocery were just too expensive.  So I'm trying a pork roast, something I've had little success with in the past.  We'll see how it goes.

Came across this:  Speak five lines to yourself every morning:  1) I am a winner 2) I can do it) 3) I am blessed 4) God is with me and 5) Today is my day.  I'm conflicted about some of this.  But I am completely on board with recognizing one's potential, being grateful for one's blessings and having faith/knowledge that we are never alone, God and Jesus Christ are our daily companions helping us to succeed even when we don't see immediate success.  Those two champions of our are everything.

And I'm grateful today for a renewed goal to be more positive, reject negativity and strive for more hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment