Let Go and Keep

Tonight I'm thinking about things I need to let go of and things I need to keep.

I've got to let go of any sense of ownership (pride, that dreaded word/feeling) of how I look on vacations to humid places. It isn't possible to be in a humid place and have my hair look good. Leave the curling iron at home. Let it go. Wear a hat.

I've got to let go of any hope that I'll ever look good in a bathing suit again. That body is long gone. Let it go. Wear a T-shirt and/or shorts/swim skirt.

I've got to let that worry thing go: listened to a lady today who is worse than me. Too sad. (At least I can laugh about it.)

I've got to keep my sense of adventure and fun - no matter how small that sense is. The Ziplines today were unbelievably fun! Even in the rain. Lots and lots of rain. Soaked through - still not dry. Let's do it again!!

I've got to always keep that love of the beach, remember how rejuvenated / invigorated / calmed / uplifted I feel hearing the waves hit the beach.

I've got to keep my awareness of how many blessings are mine: good health, a great Husband, kids (their spouses, our grandchilluns) I love, enough food, a safe place to live - I could not ever complete the list.

I've got to keep that "young" feeling: never feel as old as I look.

Trying to keep the good, let go of the bad and hope to be wise enough (at some point) to know the difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment