2 Days After Christmas...

And the cousins are all gone. The Christmas stuff is all put away, some of the cleaning and laundry is done and the house feels quite empty.

8 of our 9 grandchilluns will now live out of state. We want so much for each of them to know how much we love them. We miss them and know that we won't be able to see them near enough. But I hope to always remember the sweet hug around my neck from the 4 year old as we said our good-byes, and the kindness from our 18 year-old granddaughter as she told me she loves me. My heart was just aching so.

As 2010 fades into the past, I wonder what the new year will bring and if I can find enough hope to get me through the hard times.

Prayers, hope, faith and the ability to recognize those tender mercies that I so undeservedly receive are my watchwords.

Onward.....

No comments:

Post a Comment