Emotional

Today is another emotional day for me. I just can't seem to get it under control. But then again, it's been another day of distressing news. A dear friend lost her husband last night. 6 1/2 years ago he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. He was strong and determined, but his body finally succumbed to that horrid disease. And now my friend is a widow. And this has caused me much contemplation today: thinking of all the things to do to wrap up a loved one's mortal existence, and then to face each day alone - basically completely alone. No one to sleep with, or wake with, or plan for, or chat with...it just sounds miserable. Barely existing.

And this house that we love echoes so since the departure of all those relatives. Wondering how long it will be until we see them again, and if they will still love us when we do. Or if that part of their heart will be full of someone else. And will they remember to keep in touch? And are there enough hugs to go around? (This from the woman who had to learn to hug, to touch, who grew up with parents who only had a strict "no-touch" policy.) Thank heavens for cellphones and computers and cars and planes.

I thought I was all cried out.

Tomorrow will be a stay-at-home day. I need to replenish, refresh, rejuvenate and revive.


No comments:

Post a Comment