2010 / 2011

I was reading a friend's blog that listed a few of her accomplishments for 2010. I always get a mite melancholy at the beginning of a new year when I think about the year just finished. And I wondered, as I always do (and when I go to a funeral) what could be said about my accomplishments (or even if I had any). Although I will say one of my favorite things about 2010 was the trophy I was awarded on my birthday; for me a truly once in a lifetime occurrence that I loved.

And instead of listing all of my accomplishments, I tend to think of the things I didn't do:

1. I didn't fall and break any bones this year.

2. I didn't gain any more weight. (Even through the holidays - YAY!!)

3. I didn't give up on myself even though others might seem to have.

4. I didn't close out my account on Facebook, tempted though I was.

5. I didn't speak every thought that crossed my mind, didn't voice the snarky things, didn't argue every time I felt like it.

6. I didn't feel guilty for not reading every book for book group - didn't even feel guilty when I didn't feel like going.

7. I didn't collect enough purses, sweaters or shoes.

8. I didn't eat out enough.

9. I didn't get enough beach time.

10. Didn't sing enough songs in my heart.

Therefore, for 2011 my plans are as follows:

1. Eat more gelato, chocolate frosted chocolate doughnuts, Jamba Juices and Cafe Rio tamales.

2. Ride my bike for fun and not competition. (I dislike feeling inferior when I lose.)

3. Continue to eliminate guilt and look for more fun.

4. Get more beach time.

5. Collect more purses, sweaters and shoes. (Maybe even a few more sparklies.)

6. Give and receive more hugs.

7. Voice a few more cheerful thoughts.

8. Eat out more.

9. Clean out more stuff, donate more to D. I. (except for those purses, sweaters and shoes.)

and

10. Maybe, just maybe, do a little more dusting while I'm singing more songs in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment