Beautiful, Expensive, Or Worth it?

Read this this morning (and ya, I know it's only 9:15 a.m.): a woman exclaiming over the beauty of another woman she saw, enumerating her lovely-looking points and the man saying she just looks expensive.

Caused me to think about beauty. Women, it seems to me, often see the surface beauty (lots of money spent on looks) as the standard. Men can, with a mere glance assess the dollar value of the entire "look" and dismiss the woman as shallow, or selfish, or high maintenance. (And I've heard wondering comments about what a woman such as this would look like without all the "add-ons.")

So, can I look expensive and worth it (someone wanted to dote on me) and be beautiful at the same time. Can I try?

Then again, I also read this morning that it's not worth living longer if one has to live without cookies. I'm thinking that cookies and beauty are somehow polar opposites. But I'd like them both - preferably chocolate chip and naturally thick hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment